X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word of Life%5cBrian Zahnd%5cStJosephMO

<font color="0000ff">I have only been to this church once, since then it has built a new arena like church complete with bookstore and coffee shop.
    It claims thousands as members and has a couple thousand in attendance on Sunday Mornings.
    Of course the message spoke is of prosperity and guaranteed health and positive confession, basic word-faith stuff.
    Does anyone have any info on this church or ever been a member or know the history of how this began and became so popular so fast?
    Thanks in advance.
    Stabi</font>

Stabidak

Having been a meme

Stabidak

Having been a memeber of Word of Life for 12&#43; years, Having known Brian Zahand since I was 10-11 maybe longer &#40;now 31&#41; My dad having been on staff for over 6 years as an associate pastor and my wife also being employed by the church in an administrative job...I think I am well enough versed in church history and church beliefs to answer any questions that you might have. That being said I will dive into answering the questions that you posted.

#1 Claims thousands of members and has a couple of thousand memebers in attendance on Sunday mornings. very true on both points... check out www.wolc.com at 9 am and 11 am on sunday morning and check it out for yourself.

#2 prosperity and guaranteed health and positive confession.
    Prosperity
    Deut 8:18 &#40;NKJV&#41;And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
    2 Co 9:8 &#40;NKJV&#41;And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

While prosperity is taught it is taught and based on these scriptures &#40;along with many others&#41; it is not the focus of all teaching. We do believe that poverty is not Gods will for any one. Case in point we are a week or so Removed from Live 8 where a whole ton of musicians and other entertainers got together to help alieviate poverty in Africa because as we all know poverty is a bad thing. Prosperity does not mean a Lexus in every driveway on the contrary it simply means having more than enough which is relative to the society and region that you live in...it also mean living with in the means of the job you have not having a name it claim it mentality.
    Guaranteed health. Having been a member at WOLC for as long as I have....I have never one time heard any one guarantee health...We do believe in healing.
    Ps 103:3 &#40;KJV&#41; Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.

Matt 4:24 &#40;KJV&#41; And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Luke 6:19 &#40;KJV&#41; And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Is. 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

If you want more references on healing I can give it to you. But the general belief is that we work out to make ourselves healthier we go to the Doctor when we are sick why cause we want to live a healty productive long life. No one wants to suffer from sickness or prolonged discomfort and then die young.

Positive Confession
    Luke 6:45 &#40;KJV&#41; A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

This concept has been proven over and over again with medical benefits, in work habits, in physical fitness. If you think positive you are happier if you are happier you enjoy yourself more. I won&#39;t elaborate any more on this.

Basic Word of Faith Stuff.

While we are a faith based church &#40;Heb. 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.&#41; We also belive that there is much more to being a christian than just faith.
    1 Cor. 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

On the churches website you will find several sermons from the last 6-8 months archived you if you take the time to listen you find them very theologically sound and not standard &#34;word of faith&#34; material. We do not subscribe to consumer christianity which reduces the chritian life to a shopping experience at &#34;Godmart&#34;. Wasn&#39;t it Jesus that said in Luke 9:23 Then He said to them all, &#34;If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. See http://www.wolc.com/sermonaudio/asx/1121287283.asx
    &#40;that is last sundays sermon&#41;
    Last thing...WOLC being in year 24 it has not been a real rapid rise to popularity. The church began as a small friday night service and has steadily grown year after year.

I am sorry that this post is so wordy I hope I have at least in part answered your questions. If it has not please let me know what else you would like to know, and I will be more than happy to fill you in.

Comment

Well spoken!

I have had the

Well spoken!

I have had the pleasure of seeing Brian in person, and also listening to his tapes. He is not a classical WOF preacher in the sence of beinf soley focused on money. I believe that he is a Godly man, and that the church has grown due to the fact that he is doing the job correctly.

Comment

I dont listen to a word Brian

I dont listen to a word Brian Zahnd says.

He is nothing more than a hypocrite because of what he preaches.

Brian Zahnd Wears glasses yet teaches Christians should live in divine health.

If the WOF garbage is legit and Brian believes in the WOF teachings,than I am curious:

Why are his eyes sick?

http://www.myfortress.org/BrianZahnd.html

http://www.myfortress.org/SickGurus.html

Comment

That is a crazy statement.

That is a crazy statement.

How are ones eyes a matter of health? A persons eyes going bad is equeal to hair loss, aging skin, etc. That is the biggest excuse, and ignorance, that a person can use. Unless they have a rare eye diesease, no one has ever died because their vision was going bad.

Comment

<font color="0000ff">My proble

<font color="0000ff">My problem with Word of Life is that I knew a young lady who had been a member for a couple years and she was diagnosed with cancer and then wasnt able to work anymore and she went to the church and asked for help paying her bills and was denied that help.
            I just thought that the church was here to help those who need help, in spiritual matters and financial matters and other matters as well.
            Stabi</font>

Comment

Well, the church can not pay e

Well, the church can not pay everbody&#39;s bills. If they did, they would go broke.

Comment

<font color="0000ff">Not every

<font color="0000ff">Not everyone was asking, a lady who had been a faithful member for a couple of years was needing help because she was dying of cancer and I know of many church&#39;s in St.Joseph that have utility relief for those in the community that need it and Word of Life is by far the most financially secure church in our city, I just thought they would have ministered financially to this lady in a time of need.
                Stabi</font>}

Comment

Good point!

Good point!

Comment

People then wonder why the Cat

People then wonder why the Catholic church has so much influence. They got their own Hospitals to help people in need, and schools, orphanages, they even got their own army! Now, this story &#34;oh we are non-denominatinal&#34; it is bull, it accomplishes nothing.

Comment

What do you mean? Are you say

What do you mean? Are you saying that ND church&#39;s do not serve a purpose?

Comment

<font color="0000ff">I would a

<font color="0000ff">I would also say this why the Mormons and JW&#39;s do so well.
                        When is the last time you ever heard a Mormon ask for a dime for the Book of Mormon or any of their literature, if they can afford to give it all away for free why cant legit Christian church&#39;s and mainstream denominations?
                        Stabi</font>

Comment

<font color="0000ff">One more

<font color="0000ff">One more thing about WOL in St.Joseph,MO, Gods word shows us Jesus&#39;s compassion when the religious hypocrites brought the lady living in adultery to Jesus, he forgave her and told her to go and sin no more, love and compassion with an order about how she should live her life, contrast that to the Jesus who found money changers in his temple.
                          Then consider that Word of Life has for profit business&#39;s operating at the church, a bookstore and coffee shop!
                          stabi</font>

Comment

I read your post...

I read your post...

Comment

Working...
                            X